Thursday, July 25, 2019

Transition

After several years of hiatus from writing in this blog, change is compelling me to start again. Wikipedia tells us that transition is the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another. If we apply this to us, we did change from one state to another, in reality from one country to another and many conditions with that. It is a space in time that I have experienced many times. I remember my Dad telling me when I married George, "Mi hijita te estás casando con un nómada, esos gringos se mueven de lugar a lugar". And although this turned out to be true and we have crossed borders and moved from one property to another several times it has opened the opportunity for us to learn about transition. I love this space, in which we are forced to go through all our shit, get rid of the stuff no longer serves us, to untangle ourselves from the day to day responsibilities and the set schedule. There is an anonymity that comes with it which is refreshing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gloria, Wonderful that you are working on your blog again. There is nothing like transitions where you are forced to confront the changes in and around you. I agree that it can be refreshing too discard and start new again, life is so full of possibilities! With each transition we take stock and grow in our journey. Have fun embracing it all!
Miss you! Anne