Thursday, July 31, 2008

The color Red.




It is amazing how an environment can get into you and make you crave certain colors.
It has happened to me with the color “red”. I crave it all the time. From adding it to my work, to using it on my lips, or making me buy a red rebozo (shawl). The sun is intense and the sunsets unbelievably beautiful and “red”. The red multiplies after the sun has set and it bathes the clouds with red brush strokes.

There are also several desert plants that have the most delicate bright red flowers.
When in bloom you see the desert in its brown, ocher coloring and little paint strokes of red everywhere.

Red “pitayas” are cacti fruits that are covered with little spines. But you can buy them on the side of the road already cleaned. When you put them in your mouth it is definitively a sweet red explosion.

2 comments:

Karin Bartimole said...

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo - I love those reds Gloria!! Just so rich how you weave your treasure discard finds, with nature, with your art process.
I also like the new format to your blog - looks great!
xox Karin

Karin Bartimole said...

Hi again Gloria,
just realized you haven't changed your format - it's a default setting that the link from my blog created in an error, so things were rearranged in a kind of listing layout. Don't know why it's happened, but ignore that part of my comment... k