Saturday, September 19, 2009

The answer my friend....


Is blowing in the wind...

A few weeks ago in one of my trips to the dump looking for found objects for my sculptures I came upon this bicycle wheel. I brought it home and immediately found a spot for it. I used a post that was left behind from a gate we used to have and the placement was perfect to capture the sunset every night between the spokes. The color of the sky changes every day. Its become kind of a project to take picture every other day. The coloration captured inside this wheel changes every single day. Like our lives in constant change.

I also thought it would be must fun if the wheel could move with the wind, so we installed a "balero" to allow it to turn on either direction. However it didn't quite work, so I guess maybe I need to install some little wind mill wings. When I accomplish this I will have found at least one answer blowing in the wind.

No comments: