Monday, January 25, 2010

10 year anniversary...


Reminiscing...I was thinking today that January of 2010 marks my 10th year Anniversary since I left the Corporate World to become a full time semi-starving artist. I remember the excitement when I found my first and most beautiful studio in Cold Spring, New York. Bare big white walls, 16 foot ceilings and time (the biggest gift of all). I didn't mind the 45 minute drive, with our dog Bogie in tow, singing and chanting all the way down I-84.

Now 10 years later, 5 thousand miles from my first studio and working outdoors I'm still saying that "Art if Life". I learn something every day from life and I try to embed it into my art. A combination of channeling what one learns and wanting to safe keep it, at least for a while. Later ... we can let go.

A friend just sent me a quote that reads "Life is a big canvas, throw all the paint on it you can" -- Danny Kaye

1 comment:

Karin Bartimole said...

happy anniversary Gloria!! xxoo Karin