Monday, January 25, 2010

Zulu finds her home...







Zulu is one of my favorite pieces from "The Greeters Series" because I spent a lot of time with her. It took a lot of work to find all the pieces that would make her dress. They are discarded parts of the engine of a washing machine. I thought I had tons of these circular pieces, and when I fell short while making her dress I panicked. Where will I find another discarded engine from a washing machine. Well I did! in the Todos Santos dump. Gustavo, gatekeeper at the dump, helped me find one, then burn the pieces in order to separate them. It was a treasure to find him.

Zulu lives now in the Zen Garden of Rancho Pescadero, a beautiful boutique hotel in Pescadero, Baja California Sur, Mexico. (http://ranchopescadero.com/).

No comments: